www.betyalife.co.za /The Nutrition Revolution
a little melted butter for greasing
6 rashers back or streaky bacon
40g grated parmesan
1. Preheat your oven to 200C.
2. Grease two cups of a large muffin pan (or use ramekins) with a little melted butter.
3. Lay the bacon strips in the cups (or ramekins), overlapping so that there are no holes in the cup. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes to “set” the cup.
4. Take them out, sprinkle them with cheese before cracking the egg into the cup. Fold the ends of the bacon over the yolk of the egg.
5. Return to the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes and remove from the ramekins, using a paring knife or palette knife.
7. This is delicious served with a little salad of rocket leaves, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced avocado. In this shot, we’ve garnished them with a little dollop of cream cheese.