600 g ripe cherry tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 red onion, quartered
1 can, chickpeas, drained
100 g olives, pitted
handful of fresh basil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
60 ml olive oil
20-30 ml balsamic vinegar
100 g feta cheese, crumbled
Take a break from all that meat with this hearty veggie casserole.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and grease a roasting tin with oil.
2. Halve the tomatoes and arrange them in the roasting tin, cut side facing up.
3. Arrange the garlic, onion, chickpeas, olives and basil among the tomatoes.
4. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until browned and done.
6. Scatter the feta cheese on top and return to the oven for about 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with basil and serve with freshly baked bread.