Ingestuur deur Spookie Pretorius
chicken specially for runners – rebuild and recover muscles
600-800g skinless chicken breasts, cubed
Chunky vegetables of choice, such as – mixed peppers, onion slices, mushrooms
3 tbsp water
½ onion, peeled and finely grated
1 tsp. garlic, crushed
½ tsp. chilli
4 tbsp. peanut butter, smooth
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. lemon or lime juice
1 cup apple juice
Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with cut seasonal vegetables of your choice.
- Bring the water, onion and garlic to the boil in a small saucepan, and cook gently till the onion is soft.
- Over a low heat, add the chilli and the peanut butter, one tablespoon at a time. Stir well after each addition to make a smooth sauce.
- Add the soy sauce, lemon or lime juice and half the apple juice. Mix well.
- Add the rest and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and stir constantly.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Spoon Satay sauce liberally over each kebab and grill or braai.
- The remaining sauce can be used to baste the kebabs while grilling.