Bake Cake in your SNACKWICH MAKER:
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· 1/2 cup butter ( I used cooking oil )
· 1/2 cup caster sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 tsp. vanilla essence
· Sieve flour and baking powder in a bowl, keep aside.
· In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat till creamy.
· Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
· Add essence and beat again.
· Fold in flour mixture.
· Prepare Sandwich Maker by brushing both sides of the sandwich maker ( cooking surface ) with cooking oil. Close and preheat until the light turns red.
· Spoon your cake batter in each well until full but not overflowing.
· Close the lid of the sandwich maker and cook for approximately 3 – 4 minutes or until golden brown.
· Take out the cakes, sprinkle with Icing sugar & serve right away.
My Notes :
· Check after 3 minutes with a toothpick, if the tooth pick comes out clean, it’s ready. If not, cook a little longer, checking after every minute.
· They are best eaten right away. But you can make them in advance too, just microwave for a minute or so until warm.