200 g margarine
300 g sugar
125 ml milk
5 ml vanilla essence
600 ml cake flour
5 ml salt
10 ml baking powder
2 ml bicarb of soda
125 ml sour cream
30 ml cocoa powder
3 medium sized mashed bananas
1. Pre-heat oven to 160*C
2. Grease and flour a 23cm tube/ring tin.
3. Cream marg and sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
5. Combine bananas, sour cream, milk and vanilla essence.
6. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder & bicarb of soda.
7. Add this alternately with banana mixture to the marg & sugar mixture & beat well together.
8. Remove 2 tablespoons of cake mixture and mix with the cocoa powder, add a little milk is necessary.
9. Spoon half the cake mixture into the tin, then spoon a long band of the cocoa mixture on top.
10. Cover with the remaining mixture & twirl a fork through this to give a rippled effect.
11. Bake for 60-70 minutes.
12. Remove cake from tin & allow to cool
100 g milk chocolate
a little milk
a few whole walnuts
1. Melt chocolate over low heat
with a little milk.
2. Add the marg & more milk if
necessary to give a thick, yet
3. Spoon over the cooled cake so
that the chocolate drips down
Decorate with whole walnuts