410G Tin whole kernel corn – drained
250ml Cheese – grated
1 Egg – lightly beaten
Salt and pepper
Tomato – thinly sliced
Preheat oven 180 degrees.
Melt margerien and stir in flour to form a paste.
Remove from heat and gradually stir in the milk.
Return to heat and stir sauce until it thickens.
Mix in mealie, cheese, egg, salt and pepper.
Place in a ovenproof dish and bake 30 minutes or golden brown.
Serve with tomato slices on top.
1 c cake flour
1 egg, well beaten
200 ml mealie meal
200 ml milk
25 ml sugar
60 g butter, melted
12,5 ml baking powder
1 c cooked corn
3 ml salt
25 ml chopped spring onions
1. Pre-heat oven to 220* C (425*F)
2. Grease a muffin tray, well!
3. In large mixing bowl, mix flour, mealie meal, sugar, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
4. Blend together the remaining ingredients, pour over the dry ingredients & stir until well blended.
5. Spoon into the muffin tray.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes util tops are golden brown.