230 g marg/butter
300 g sugar plus
2 ml salt
25 ml sugar
5 ml bicarb of soda
100 ml cream of tartar
10 ml cinnamon
330 g cake flour
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, cream of tartar, bicarb & salt.
2. Cream marg & the 300 g sugar in a large mixing bowl, till light & fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients, mix well till well blended.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 190*C (375*F).
7. Combine the 25 ml sugar & cinnamon in a flat open bowl.
8. Shape refrigerated dough into 5cm balls & roll in the cinnamon mixture.
9. Place at least 7.5 cm apart on an UNGREASED baking tray. Leaving room for spreading.
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
11. Balls will puff up at first & then flatten out during baking.
2. Remove from baking tray & allow to cool.